Location: Cork Role: Permanent
A Materials manager required for a leading Medical Device manufacturer. This vacancy has arose due to an internal promotion. The successful candidate will manage the Planning and Procurement function within Cork site to support the manufacturing function. Build and foster a strong partnership with the Global Supply Planning and the Global Procurement groups to deliver Company goals in terms of revenue growth, inventory and profitability.
• Establish the site Production Plan, Inventory Policies and Safety Stock Levels in line with approved budget.
• Manage the Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) function.
• Manage and develop cost effective, high quality material suppliers and subcontractors that comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Enable the implementation of the Company’s standard ERP platform.
• Support the lean manufacturing initiatives at the Cork facility, especially in regard to achieving and maintaining optimum manufacturing cycle times and reduced costs.
Third level Degree and 3 + years experience in a SC management role
APICS/IIPMM qualifications would be advantageous.
Excellent knowledge and computer skills in MS Access, Excel, & Word.
Proven people management experience