Location: Cork Role: Contract Contract Length: 8 months
You will be responsible for the day to day activities associated with land and wayleave acquisition by consent and/or Compulsory Acquisition Procedures within a leading Utility company
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer and process individual wayleave and site acquisitions.
• Instruct and consult with Legal Advisors/Valuers/ Engineers/Agronomists and other Professional advisors. Analyse and evaluate compensation claims.
• Maintain and update the Wayleave Oracle System and SharePoint filing systems. Utilise IT systems for the wayleave process and engage with development and improvement of systems to meet current and future requirements.
• Participate in project meetings with Capital Programmes, Design and Consulting Engineers
• Monitor and assist in the preparation of detailed routing and budget reports for land and wayleave acquisition aspects of projects.
• Responsible for preparing Land Management budgets and accruals.
• Manage landowner queries and concerns in relation to every aspect of construction and Wayleave acquisition.
• Oversee readiness activities for landowner engagement associated with wayleaves and site acquisition on each project including liaison with Agricultural Liaison Officers and Land Agency provider.
• Review payment of compensation, landowners’ professional fees, rental/licence payments pre managerial sign off.
• Prepare evidence and documentation in an event of an Oral Hearing, Court Injunctions, Arbitration Hearings and Proceedings associated with wayleave and land acquisitions. Form applications for Compulsory Purchase Orders and construction activities.
Relevant experience in a similar role and relevant third level degree and/or professional qualification
• Experience with Maximo desirable.
• Proven ability to be an advocate for development and implementation of change helping to deliver process improvement, system improvements/efficiencies.
• You are comfortable with change and have a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency
• Experience in budget management