Location: Cork Role: Contract Contract Length: 15 month
We have excellent opportunity to work as a Laboratory Chemist as part of a 7 person team in a global energy company. You will primarily be responsible for the performance of quality testing of all finished products and intermediates. You will need to have the ability to quickly learn analytical methods and consistently perform these tests with a high level of precision and accuracy.
Your primary responsibilities will consist of the following duties:
•• Testing of all Finished Products and Intermediates.
• Testing of Third Party Samples as required.
• Testing of Investigative samples.
• Be fully conversant with all Laboratory methods, procedures and specifications.
• Be fully conversant with all Laboratory Quality Systems i.e. ISO 9001 and ISO 17025
• Calibration and Maintenance of equipment.
• Maintenance of SPC charts for key instruments/tests.
• Informing Laboratory Lead and Process of anomalous results.
• Ensuring Laboratory Housekeeping is maintained at an acceptable level.
• Encouraging teamwork within the laboratory and between laboratory and other functional groups.
• Degree Qualification in biochemistry, chemistry, science degree and or related pharma/industrial science background
• 2-5 years relevant experience
• Experience & Knowledge of laboratory systems preferably in a refinery environment
• Knowledge of