Location: Cork Role: Contract Contract Length: 3 months
Contract Quality Engineer required for a Global Electronics company.The Engineering team are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer who ideally has both mechanical and electrical Engineering expertise. You will be experienced in Quality management systems and data analysis. In this highly visible and hands on role, you will work with our suppliers to develop, drive and communicate Quality plans and metrics. We work in a highly collaborative and cross functional environment, with multiple deadlines, handling several projects at a time. You will partner with Suppliers to produce quality process specifications as required during the development and implementation of new products. You will lead the implementation of inspection technologies that achieve process reliability and product improvements with a focus on in –process inspection and testing
• 5+ years of experience with Quality Engineering or a similar environment
• Consumer electronics experience preferred but not required, however if you have experience within medical, automotive, aerospace and other fields with relevant technology and development models you are encouraged to apply
• Experience of handling suppliers building electrical modules such as displays, power supplies, PCBs
• High level of knowledge in Mechanical Engineering in particular focused on mechanical piece part assessment and subassembly integration. Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and CAD designs and ability to assess the parts from specifications.
• Experience of mechanically assessing parts for dimensions and other items of interest. Ability to use mechanical tools such as callipers and pin gauges. Ability to program and use a CMM / OMM would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of the following processes: PCB and metal and plastic manufacturing techniques and their associated process controls; Six Sigma; GPK and GR&R
• Knowledge of CE Machine requirements, URS, FAT, SAT in fixture commissioning.
• Knowledge and Use of data analysis techniques such as Minitab or JMP
• Proven ability to understand all aspect of Quality and to be able to lead and, influence and drive Suppliers.
• Strong attention to detail and self-motivated to investigate and solve difficult problems
• Flexibility and adaptability while working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment