Location: Cork Role: Permanent
Lab Analyst required for day to day testing in an FMCG Manufacturing plant.
• Schedule and conduct day to day testing within the laboratory whilst achieving daily, weekly and monthly KPIs
• Communicate results as appropriate and pro-actively highlight out-of-specification results and ensuring all extra testing is carried out
• Perform final approval release on raw materials and finished products
• Investigate and manage any deviations and non-conformances
• Support audit preparation and actions as required
• Ensure Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures are up to date and current
• Provide training to more junior team members if necessary.
• Ensure that good housekeeping is maintained within the laboratory
• Ensure good safety practices are adhered to within the laboratory
• Ensure that up to date analytical practices are followed
• Any other duties as assigned by Management
Degree in Chemistry
Experience working in an ISO 17025 Laboratory
Experience from within the last 5 years of using an AA spectrophotometer, and troubleshooting of results is essential.
Experience in writing protocols.
Chemistry and validation experience.
Expertise in animal or food analysis.
Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
Good planning and organisational skills
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Troubleshooting and problem solving skills