Location: Cork Role: Permanent
Opportunity to join a Global Energy manufacturing company, the Contract Specialist is responsible for the management of Service Contractors and Contracts through the full life-cycle (development of contract strategy, sourcing/tendering, negotiations, T&Cs, implementation, maintenance and monitoring), in line with Supply Management policies and guidance. The Contract Specialist has excellent commercial acumen and negotiating skills, as well as, familiarity with QS methodology and experience and understanding of Contract Law.
• Timely and cost-effective fulfillment of the Refinery’s service contracting needs, ensuring that quality and safety are achieved, and that commercial and operational risk are minimized/ mitigated
• Support for the Business in sourcing, selecting and prequalifying Contractors and bidding/ awarding major service Contracts
• Commercial management of contracts including tracking & evaluation of interim applications, re-measurement of work, evaluation of claims & variations and settlement of final accounts
• Maintaining clear records of all Contract management activities
• Contract compliance auditing and Supplier Performance Management
• Adherence with established Procure to Pay processes and procedures
• Level 8 qualification in Business, Supply Chain, or relevant discipline
• 5-10 years’ experience ina similar role.
• Sourcing and Contracting in an Engineering/Construction environment
• Quantity Surveying methodologies in management of Construction & Engineering contracts
• Rated contracts, fixed price contracts, claims handling, final account settlement etc. and of high complexity/high risk contracts
• Contract drafting and negotiation of contract terms
• Market knowledge of Contractor capabilities & technical understanding of the services being contracted for